7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 8:05 AM by Karel Piwko

How to configure chrome binary correctly in arquillian.xml?

Tilmann Kuhn Newbie

Hi Community,

at the moment I am trying to run my arquillian tests with chrome (ff and phantomjs are working). But I always get

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary

I am using

drone 1.2.3.Final

selenium 2.39.0

chromedriver 2.9

chrome 32.0.1700.102

on windows 7

The configuration in arquillian.xml looks like:

<extension qualifier="webdriver">

<property name="browser">chrome</property>

<property name="chrome.binary">D:\testtools\GoogleChromePortable\App\Chrome-bin\chrome.exe</property>

<property name="chromeDriverBinary">D:\testtools\chromedriver\chromedriver.exe</property>

</extension>

The referenced binary is chrome portable. I have no installed version of chrome on the machine.

In addition to the exception given above I get the following warnings:

Warning: The system property "chrome.binary" used in Arquillian "webdriver" configuration is deprecated, please rather use new format "chromeBinary"

Feb 10, 2014 6:47:23 PM org.jboss.arquillian.drone.configuration.ConfigurationMapper injectField

Warning: The property "chromeBinary" used in Arquillian "webdriver" configuration is deprecated.

Feb 10, 2014 6:47:23 PM org.jboss.arquillian.drone.configuration.legacy.LegacyConfigurationMapper$DefaultCapabilityMapping remapKey

Warning: Configuration property "chromeBinary" is deprecated, please replace it with capability based property "chrome.binary" instead.

I also tried to change the configuration property to chromeBinary but I get the same exception and almost the same warnings either way.

Is there something I have missed?

Cheers, Tilmann