- Designer is used to build this, so separate tooling is required
- Metadata is collected at the design time, even for the sources
- Schema is defined through GUI tool
- easier to visualize, lot of wizards to help development
- can create web-service (SOAP, REST) based WAR files based on the VDB
- Legacy XML Model can be only designed here
- Simple XML file based, no tooling required
- The source model metadata is collected at the time of deployment
- The schema is defined in terms of DDL. (advanced users also can supply their own Metadata Repository)
- This VDB can not be programatically designed, and metadata is also dynamically collected at deploy time, thus name Dynamic
- Since it can be easily created, adding sources dynamically or removing the sources from VDB will be easier.
- you need to know creation of views with help out of wizards
-Only REST based WAR file can be created
- For XML generation you must use SQLXML functions, which is better anyway, but without help of tooling.
I will add any more I can think of later on.