4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 4:49 AM by dgaethofs

JBoss EAP6.2 + Runtime Server requires JDK

dgaethofs

Dear all,

I have installed JBoss Teiid and JBOSS Developer Studio as well as the JBoss EAP 6.2

Now when I try to define a server in eclipse . I get the message that a JDK is required. However in Eclipse I can only indicate the JRE to be used.

the strange thing is that a server is created when I ignore the message. And I can even start the server.

But when I want to preview data - i created the ClimateZoneView - the system wants to have a Teiidd instance. I initially thought the instance would be running on the started server.

So I tried to create a new instance but then the system just creates a new server.

After creating this new server and trying to preview data I get again the message that a JDK is needed

The server "JBoss EAP 6.1+ Runtime Server (1)" requires a JDK to run properly. The VM used to launch this server is not recognized as a valid JDK. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7

Can someone let me know what the problem is or what I am overlooking ?

By the way I have JDK installed which apparently is not found - maybe I have to point Eclipse somewhere to this JDK

Regards

Danny

• 1. Re: JBoss EAP6.2 + Runtime Server requires JDK
          dgaethofs

Dear all,

I solved the problem - somewhere in the document I found that JBoss EAP 6.2 requires JDK 1.6 and I had JDK 1.7 running.

I just installed JDK 1.6 and now the warning about the JDK is gone.

regards

Danny

• 2. Re: JBoss EAP6.2 + Runtime Server requires JDK
            jason.marley

Hi Danny,

You can use JDK 1.7 for EAP 6.2 and TEIID as well. It looks like you're using JRE 1.7 and not JDK 1.7. I suggest downloading JDK 1.7 and then giving it a shot, if it doesn't work please let us know.

Jason

• 3. Re: JBoss EAP6.2 + Runtime Server requires JDK
              maxandersen

this looks like a double posting of https://community.jboss.org/thread/240711

in short - you are using a JRE when you should be using a JDK. The link above have explanation of how to fix that.

• 4. Re: JBoss EAP6.2 + Runtime Server requires JDK
                dgaethofs

Dear all,

I will looked into your remarks in the coming weekend.

Looks promising - and yes I have had some problems understanding the whole JAVA JRE / JDK influence.

I need for some reasons to run JRE1.7 on my laptop .

I now have JDK 1.7, JDK1.6 and JRE1.7 running and learned how to set it up correctly in Eclipse.

Question: Is Teiid going to support the definition of transformation rules - suppose I have to process on a daily basis XML files containing order data . These files come in different format BUT I want to store them in the same VDB.

In some other tools of JBoss Smooks is referred to be used but it seems it is no longer supported.

regards

Danny Gaethofs