Platform:  Win 7

Versions I am using:

eclipse-standard-kepler-SR2-win32

JDK : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_41

JBOSS EAP 6.1 Alpha

Teiid runtime :  teiid-8.8.0.Final-jboss-dist.zip

teiid_datasourceupdate_question.jpg

Specifically I am facing two issues...

1.  I am unable to update the driver class in a data source connection.   I have another data source where I use oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver as the driver-class and preview data works fine for that.  Somehow when creating this connection I have selected the incorrect driver-class.

2.  Also, the jarList path shows incorrectly here.  I have updated it in the connection wizard to 6.1 Alpha path, but it does not seem to be reflecting in the view connection info.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to update data source connection
          rareddy

Satish,

There is no way to edit the connection profile properties once the model is created. The easiest thing to do is delete the model and redo the import with correct information.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: How to update data source connection
            van.halbert

Satish,

Try, right mouse click on model and select MODELING --> SET CONNECTION PROFILE

Create a new connection profile and then select it to replace the existing one.   Then when you view the connection info, it will be updated with the newly created/selected connection profile.

Van

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to update data source connection
              skanchi

Thanks Ramesh and Van...

However, Van when I tried to set connection info to a different connection name, it kept chugging...

SetConnInfo_chugchugchug.jpg

I forcibly killed it. 

When setting a new connection, In the window for NEW DRIVER DEFINITION I have to enter the connection properties to the db... otherwise I am not able to save it.   Wondering if the Driver definition is the right place for entering this information.  So for each new db, I need to create a new driver definition - even though I am using the same ojdbc6.jar?  Want to confirm if I am doing this the right way.

teiid_driver definition.jpg

Thanks.

- Satish

• 4. Re: How to update data source connection
                rareddy

You only need to create once for new driver definition, after that you keep selecting the driver definition to create connections.

• 5. Re: How to update data source connection
                  blafond

Yes, the Driver Definition basically provides the Connection URL Template, Driver Class name and driver JARs list.

A connection profile defined with that Template, will still need the URL properties defined as well as username/pwd/database name, etc....