As we discussed yesterday, a promised to run the build locally on my
Windows computer to see if we have any issues there, fix them and only then
address the failing builds on the build server.
I did that, and I have the following observations:
1) The text addon tests failed, mostly because the patterns that recognize
built with the assumption that the end of line character is \n. You know,
on Windows it is \r\n. So there were some tests failures. I decided to fix
them and only then to continue. But after it took me more than two hours
debugging and trying without much progress (fixed only YAML and most of the
Groovy) I gave up. I then cloned the repo with git's autocrlf set to false
and the tests passed. Nevertheless, we should fix these I guess, if we want
our text addon to work on Windows
2) The JavaEE addon failed with a JVM crash (I attached the generated dump
files from the three runs that I did). I tried to run it both as part of
the build of the whole Forge core, as well as individually. In both cases
it failed. I will install a newer version of the JDK and will try again.
That is for the moment from my side. Unfortunately I spent all the time
debugging the text addon, so didn't spend any effort on the JUnit command
and no email for utility methods so far from me.