1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2016 7:39 AM by Pablo Rodriguez Branched to a new discussion.

Deployment and Startup very slow on Wildfly 8.1.0 compared to AS7/EAP6

abl-dam Newbie

We have a large Application running on AS7/EAP6, heavily using CDI (among other JEE stuff). On a local workstation application deploys and starts on EAP6.0.1 in about 15 sec.

Now - after deploying exactly the same application to Wildfly 8.1.0 - deployment and startup time increases up to 120 sec.

from TRACE/DEBUG output it _seems_ that most of the time is used in WELD scanning and deployment

I already found this thread Performance gap between JBoss 7.1 and Wildfly 8.0 and tried creating a jboss-all.xml with

<jboss xmlns="urn:jboss:1.0">
         <weld xmlns="urn:jboss:weld:1.0" require-bean-descriptor="true"/>
      </jboss>

in META-INF, but with no success. Startup time is still about 120 sec. If the server is running, performance of the application is ok, so I'm not sure if above discussion covers exactly our problem.

Are there any other solutions to switch back WELD to AS7 behaviour (no implicit bean archives)? Any Settings to check or improve? Anyone with similar experience?

Any help appreciated - thanks!

additional note: on most startups (not always) I get this error 1 or 2 times:

20:34:32,826 ERROR [connection] (XNIO-1 I/O-2) JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: Eine bestehende Verbindung wurde softwaregesteuert durch den Hostcomputer abgebrochen

this is also only on wildfly. I'm not sure if it's related to the slow startup or a separate issue

1 2 Previous Next