1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 11:26 PM by rareddy

Is the Teiid Admin Client and Teiid Console the same component?

cb11

In separate places in the Teiid site/documentation I have observed references to Teiid Console and other places references to the Teiid Admin Client.  Can someone verify if these are one in the same? The Teiid Console definition and purpose seem to align to support administrative capability, but didn't want to make an assumption.

Does Teiid Console deploy to Server or Client or does it need to be deployed to both?

• 1. Re: Is the Teiid Admin Client and Teiid Console the same component?
          rareddy

They both are same, looks like we still got same legacy nomenclature. The real name is "Teiid Admin Console". It is Grovvy based  shell scripting environment, where you can do any administrative tasks as well as issue SQL queries. Teiid Admin Console is also based on Admin API, which is public JAVA API that Teiid exposes, that are you can use in your own applications to customize the interactions with Teiid.  BTW, Teiid Designer uses this interface interact with Teiid.

Can you point me to references in documentation for this confusion, I will try to correct them.

Thanks.

Ramesh..