2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 5:03 PM by anilnair Branched to a new discussion.

Teiid Domain mode installation using CLI command

anilnair

Hi,

I am trying to install teiid in domain mode.

I have a jboss cluster(Master and slave) running  by using <jboss-install>/bin/domain.sh

Since my master is bound to an ip address(and not to localhost) the following command does not work

<jboss-install>/bin/jboss-cli.sh --file=scripts/teiid-domain-mode-install.cli

I get the following error

The controller is not available at localhost:9999: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://localhost:9999. The connection failed: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://localhost:9999. The connection failed: Connection refused

So  I using the following approach

[appsadm@CLDPOCEP0158 bin]$ ./jboss-cli.sh

You are disconnected at the moment. Type 'connect' to connect to the server or 'help' for the list of supported commands.

[disconnected /] connect 10.95.107.55

[domain@10.95.107.55:9999 /] deploy ~/teiid/teiid-8.11.0.Final/bin/scripts/teiid-domain-mode-install.cli

Unable to extract archive '/home/appsadm/teiid/teiid-8.11.0.Final/bin/scripts/teiid-domain-mode-install.cli' to temporary location

[domain@10.95.107.55:9999 /]

So when i take this approach I get the error marked in red.  So the question is how do you deploy(commands) teiid on a remote jboss server.

Note: when the domain mode master is not bound to an IP then I am able to install teiid using the following command

<jboss-install>/bin/jboss-cli.sh --file=scripts/teiid-domain-mode-install.cli

When I said bound to an IP I meant  my maters hostfile  entries are set to ips

<interface name="management">
                  <inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:10.95.107.55}"/>
              </interface>
              <interface name="public">
                 <inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address:10.95.107.55}"/>
              </interface>
              <interface name="unsecure">
                  <!-- Used for IIOP sockets in the standard configuration.
                       To secure JacORB you need to setup SSL -->
                  <inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.unsecure:10.95.107.55}"/>
              </interface>

Thanks

Anil

• 1. Re: Teiid Domain mode installation using CLI command
          rareddy

You need to be running the script from the same machine where at least one of the server is running. like

<jboss-install>/bin/jboss-cli.sh --connect --file=scripts/teiid-domain-mode-install.cli

or

<jboss-install>/bin/jboss-cli.sh --connect 10.95.107.55 --file=scripts/teiid-domain-mode-install.cli 

You can not use the above script using "deploy" command as it is not a deployment artifact, it is set of CLI commands. I do not believe there is any way to run the script from inside the shell. If the above does not work, then edit the CLI script and add the "connect 10.95.107.55" as the first line in the script.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: Teiid Domain mode installation using CLI command
            anilnair

Thank you Ramesh