2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 2:46 PM by breathless

Connecting to EAP server on RHEL virtual guest on laptop

breathless

Hi,

I'm total ex-technical newbie.  I'm fairly proud of this question because it means I've come some way to reaching what I want to do (as a now non-techie) but alas no further...

I'm interested in investigating the BPM and decision-modelling software from red-hat.  To this end, I've bought a developer (I know, I'm totally not) subscription for RHEL 7.1 and installed it as a guest on oracle's virtualbox on my laptop (and it runs too).

I've downloaded JBOSS developer studio onto my windows laptop and I've managed to set-up a samba share so that I can see the RHEL guest.  The EAP server I installed on a drive which is also a samba share.

I now want to set-up the developer studio to use the EAP server on virtualbox.  I go through the steps to add the server and I get the following message.

JDK.png

What does the virtual machine refer to in this case? I'm assuming the java virtual machine.  I have java installed on the guest (required for the EAP installation).  Do I have to make the directory where I have the JDK installed a samba share as well?

Has anybody done what I'm trying to do before and blogged their experiences?