0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2016 10:42 AM by stevent888

renew SSL certificate

stevent888

Hi all,

I have been trying to renew the ssl cert for our internal website but i can only do that for the domain cert (top level) which runs Apache.

But the website keeps showing cert errors/warnings.

Then I found out it was running JBoss Web/3.0.0-CR2.

And I dont know where the jboss cert is located

When I go to https://10.x.x.x:8443/xcenter-admin i get this:

When I go to https://10.x.x.x i get this:

altough I still have to fix the cert on the top level because of the SHA-1, at least i know where the Apache cert is located.

using IE11, i cant even access the XCENTER webpage (probably due to the cert, this happened after a security patch being deployed).

Google chrome allows it with a warning that requires me to click through.

I have followed this SSLSetup

but then I am blocked on

Edit jbossweb-tomcat41.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml and uncomment the following section and update the keystoreFile

my jboss-service.xml does not have those lines and also the location is not the same, i'm not even sure if thats the correct file.

Another guide i've tried to follow: JBoss Web - SSL Configuration HOW-TO

im stuck on "2. Uncomment the "SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector" entry in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml and tweak as necessary."

I dont have a server.xml and where is $CATALINA_HOME, i looked it up and it should be tomcat directory under program files, but there is no tomcat on this server...

So i check the services, there is no tomcat service. I think tomcat is maybe not even installed here?

i have searched the file server.xml and other files using the windows search on the C drive but still cant find it

meanwhile still searching the internet for guidance