2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2017 9:44 AM by munimanjunath

How to ensure seamless connection by remote client Infinispan  cluster

munimanjunath

Hi

Recently I am evaluating  infinispan  as remote data cache instead of  going  to db  for master tables.  I could successfully created   infinispan  cluster in domain mode.  

As part of domain mode setup  I  see lot of processes  created on  master

Master    -  ip  10.10.30.120

Process controller

Host controller

server1

server2

Slave      - 10.10.30.121

server3

server4

In above setup  if I need to connect to  cluster server   from remote java client  I could able to connect    using  10.10.30.120:12220   which is hotrod protocol. 

Only thing stopping me is  high availability aspect.  How do I ensure high availability  if the domain server crashed for unknown reason ?   server3 and server4  still are part of the cluster but my  client application is using   master ipaddress.   mod_cluster  setting in apache server is used for  http over ajp protocol  but I am not sure  how to create mod_cluster for hotrod protocol. 

We have f5 loadbalancer   can  i setup a VIP  which points to both master and slave  ?   Is connection  from remote client to  data cache is stateful or stateless ?   If it is stateful  what kind of settings I need to use  like sticky session ? 

Any insight  is really helpful.

Thanks

Muni

• 1. Re: How to ensure seamless connection by remote client Infinispan  cluster
          nadirx

Hi, Hot Rod is topology and consistent-hash aware: think of it as having a built-in mod_cluster/balancer.

You just give it one or more known hosts to connect to and it will retrieve the server cluster topology automatically, even when this changes at runtime.

It will automatically failover in case of failed nodes and it can also be configured to failover to a remote site in case the entire primary cluster fails (see Cross-Site Replication).

Tristan

• 2. Re: How to ensure seamless connection by remote client Infinispan  cluster
            munimanjunath

Hi Tristan  thanks for  responding.   I killed  all the processes on domain server    and added few entries on  carmart  example  which is running on a remote  jboss appserver    provided in the  infinispan tutorial.   It is working  as expected  adding  entries to  cache in  slave servers in case of master is missing.  So in that case I dont need  any apache server   or f5 loadbalancer   for  clustering.