3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 11:57 PM by jaikiran

Wildfly can't deploy REST web service: Could not load JAX-RS Application class

dean.w.schulze

I have a simple REST web service that I'm trying to deploy in Wildfly.  Deployment fails with the message below.  Wildfly can't find the JAX-RS Application class.

I downloaded the Java EE7 Full & Web Distribution.  Does that not have a javax.ws.rs.core.Application implementation in it?

My only maven dependency is javaee-api version 7.0 (provided scope).  The .war file I'm deploying only has my two .class files in it (subclass of Application and the Resource .class file).  No web.xml.

Do I have to include a complete jax-rs implementation in my .war file?

Cannot upload deployment: {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.pdfupload.POST_MODULE" => "WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of deployment \"pdfupload\" Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: WFLYRS0006: Could not load JAX-RS Application class Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: pdf.upload.server.PdfUploadApplication from [Module \"deployment.pdfupload\" from Service Module Loader]"}}