> I assumed it would GB, but i'm not sure since documentation is lacking.
The upstream docs are at: Memory Management · GitBook , but yes it appears that it does not directly mention the units. It is in MB.
> The thrown error is frustrating because I have got enough disk space and memory available and it is almost not being consumed while the query is running.
See [TEIID-5525] add a flag to revert to the prior behavior (TEIID-4557) - JBoss Issue Tracker - there was an error in the calculation of the estimated size in that it did not take into account serialized / vs heap storage. That has been corrected and for 6.4.6 the enforcement will be turned off by default.
> After the above mentioned upgrade a certain query won't run. It complains about strings that contain certain characters; specifically those of some foreign cities that contain e.g. an umlaut or other characters. Is there anyway to fix this?
That will take some more specifics to determine what is occurring. It may be related to [TEIID-5313] Oracle translator issue with mixing string types and general issues with non-ascii strings - JBoss Issue Tr… which had a follow on issue of [TEIID-5377] Type mismatch when issuing recursive common table expression query - JBoss Issue Tracker
Thanks for the reply!
To what value would you suggest I set:
org.teiid.maxSessionBufferSizeEstimate is in bytes and defaults to not enforced. The value unfortunately is based upon the heap only estimate, so if you do set it you have to base it upon some combination of heap/ fixed buffer and disk - which you need to scale somewhat see System Properties · GitBook.