1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2019 12:04 PM by rareddy

Teiid in production?

purnimadas27

Hello,

I am new to Teiid, however, a few days back I downloaded Denodo Express 7.0 Data Virtualization Server and implemented a test case successfully. I want features that Data Virtualization Server provides, however, I cannot go for licensed software and the free version of Denodo has restrictions.

I want to know if Teiid is free and if i can use Teiid in production environment with disparate data sources and millions of records, with added complexity and I also want to implement Data Governance. Can anyone provide some insight?

Thank you,

Purnima Das

• 1. Re: Teiid in production?
          rareddy

Teiid is Apache ASL2 licensed, so yes you can use however you see fit. But note that if you are using in Production or elsewhere the only support you will have is community support through forums without any SLAs. If you need production support then you need to see if Redhat support is an option for you.

We also have a lot of Data Governance features, like audit logging and data access control, check the documentation. Note also that we have different varieties of deployment models, figure out which one suits your needs. As per the progression, we are focusing more on Cloud and OpenShift deployments, but we still have WildFly based support for now.

Ramesh..