2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2019 5:22 PM by rafaelcba

How to monitor/inspect the lra-coordinator

rafaelcba

I 'm experimenting Camel SAGA EIP with Narayana lra-coordinator implementation.

Is there a way to track a SAGA transaction/request from the lra-coordinator?

I mean, from SAGA start to end... How many sagas completed, canceled, failed

How to inspect the lar/sagas log state?

Does the lra-coordinator expose some jmx/prometheus metrics?

How can I interpret the data exposed though {{/lra-coordinator}} endpoint? What does each property from that endpoint means?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to monitor/inspect the lra-coordinator
          mmusgrov

We are focusing most of our efforts on implementing version 1 of the microprofile-lra spec. In version 2 we will be looking at metrics and tracing.

The lra-coordinator is the service that can expose information about an LRA but we only provide basic data:

this.lraId // a unique id for the LRA

this.clientId // client provided name for the LRA

this.status // the current status of the LRA (according to a simple state model) - permissible transitions are described in the spec

this.isTopLevel // LRAs can be nested

this.startTime // the UTC time in milliseconds when the LRA was created

this.finishTime // the UTC time in milliseconds when the LRA becomes eligible for cancellation

The coordinator listens on a REST endpoint so you can obtain the above information using something like curl: curl -X GET http://localhost:8080/lra-coordinator

In version 2 of the specification we will provide a java client API to obtain management information such as this. So then would be an excellent opportunity for you to get involved in defining which information would be useful.

We do not expose information about which participants are enlisted in the LRA (since that could be argued as being a security loophole).

The microprofile-lra spec and the narayana implementation are open source projects so if you would like have things included then just raise another request on this forum or raise an issue on the microprofile-lra issue tracker.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to monitor/inspect the lra-coordinator
            rafaelcba

Hi mmusgrov!

Many thanks for the explanation. Very helpful. Good to know about the plans around spec version 2. I'll try to track there.