0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2019 7:27 AM by Alan Y

WELD-000119 Bean not found when searching bean under spring boot fat jar

Alan Y Newbie

Hi there,

I am running latest Weld inside a spring boot application. My SpringBootApplication will initialize Weld via the following code.

{code}

public static void main(String[] args) {

SpringApplication app = new SpringApplication(MyApplication.class);
         app.addInitializers(new ApplicationContextInitializer<ConfigurableApplicationContext>() {

@Override
           public void initialize(ConfigurableApplicationContext applicationContext) {

new Weld().initialize();
           }

});
         app.run(args);
      }

{code}

Then, Weld will scan/load all the beans defined under my application project. This works fine when I run it on Intellij without creating a fat job.

When I create a fat job, all my application classes go to BOOT-INF/classes and all the dependencies (including weld jars) go to BOOT-INF/lib. Weld finds all my application classes as "BOOT-INF.classes.com.mycompany.MyBean.class, for example. Then the classloader fails to load it and throws

WELD-000119: Not generating any bean definitions from BOOT-INF.classes.com.mycompany.MyBean because of underlying class loading error

I searched and found this issue before  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WELD-2254. But it doesn't really solve the problem after trying a few different weld versions.

I debugged and find that it can be solved with  a check to remove "BOOT-INF.classes." if it's present in class name inside WeldResourceLoader.java, like

if (name.startsWith("BOOT-INF.classes.")) {

name = name.substring("BOOT-INF.classes.".length());
        }

return getClassLoader().loadClass(name);

Is there already some other solution/configuration which can solve the problem? If not, do you think you can add this to your next release?

Thanks,

-Alan