3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2003 8:50 AM by Jon Barnett

j_security_check

judybramlette Newbie

I can no longer log into my application I always go to the error login page but it never hits anything that I can look at. This problem appeared when I was trying to fix it so that the curUser loaded into a session variable in my userFilter was actually the person who was logged on versus a random picking of any of the users that are logged on at that time. So now I have two problems versus just the original issue and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I need the system to allow any user access to certain pages without requiring them to login. The default user and password are used. When they hit a secure page the system will popup the login screen and if sucessful will take them to the requested page.

My Login.jsp and LoginError.jsp both have j_security_check as their action. I have 2 login modules in the project. One is UsernamePasswordLoginModule that extends AbstractServerLoginModule and then DatabaseServerLoginModule that extends that (icms.security.UsernamePasswordLoginModule)

I am running JBoss 3.04 with Tomcat 4.1.24. I have attached all of the files that I think are relevant. Okay I tried to attach them but the page wouldn't let me. Any suggestions? If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.