2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2009 2:33 PM by rareddy

TEIID Designer, Unable to open com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

From TEIID 6.0, I am connecting to a MySQL database. I've added the connectors, and have also imported MySQL's implementation jar into the UDF (i.e., I believe I have followed the steps in the "Source Driver Installation Example").

When I attempt to execute the VDB inside TEIID, it is unable to open the class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, which is included in MySQL's connector jar.

Any recommendations?

• 1. Re: TEIID Designer, Unable to open com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Update...

It is working now. The issue appears to be in the order in which the steps are taken.

I had created both the connections and the VdBs prior to updating the path information to point to the new MySQL connector implementation. Somehow, it seems like the VdB had cached the old information and it was not being rebuilt?

Anyway, I killed the VdBs and regenerated them (post updating the path info in the connector), and am now able to connect/query from inside TEIID Designer.

• 2. Re: TEIID Designer, Unable to open com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
            rareddy

The connections designer uses for preview and inside vdb are separate, that is why you have seen that behaviour. We designed them to be separate so that they can point to different design time and runtime environments, if they need to be.