3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2005 2:13 PM by dimitris

JBoss LoggingMonitor MBean Submission

jiwils

I have submitted a JBoss Logging Monitor MBean that provides for the logging of specified MBean attributes.

From the introduction section of the wiki:

The JBoss LoggingMonitor service is similar in purpose to the other monitoring services provided as a part of JBossAS in the org.jboss.monitor package. The JBoss LoggingMonitor service monitor's the specified attributes of a MBean periodically and logs their value to the filename specified. This file can then be used for debugging and/or charting JBoss services information based upon your specific use case(s).

More information is available from the wiki: http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossLoggingMonitor

• 1. Re: JBoss LoggingMonitor MBean Submission
          dimitris

Great stuff, thanks!!!

I'll have a more detailed look and come back to you.

• 2. Re: JBoss LoggingMonitor MBean Submission
            jiwils

I have released version 1.1 that allows for configuration of the monitor's log file rollover period.

• 3. Re: JBoss LoggingMonitor MBean Submission
              dimitris

Nice work (and the wiki too!)

The only thing I would have made different would be to reuse the existing loggers, configured by conf/log4j.xml so as to have a more flexible backend (e.g. log to the console or to different files). The code would be somewhat simpler, too. However, what you do is overall simpler because it gathers all the configuration in one place.

I'll probably integrate it to the jboss codebase for a future release--when I find the time--under a slightly different package name, like org.jboss.monitor.services or org.jboss.services.monitor.logging. I'll let you know, anyway.

You should put also your name in the code; you are the copyright owner!

Thanks again.