6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2005 2:25 PM by pergesu

Problem with mod_jk 1.2

pergesu

I think this is a problem with Apache, but I'm not sure. I'm trying to set up an Apache front end with mod_jk, but whenever I try to start Apache, I get:

undefined symbol: apr_filepath_name_get

No clue what that is, and a Google search yields one worthless result.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Problem with mod_jk 1.2
          beyarecords

check that the mod_jk.so file is in your /modules folder

• 2. Re: Problem with mod_jk 1.2
            pergesu

It's in there...it seems that the problem is that this function being called by mod_jk isn't defined anywhere.

• 3. Re: Problem with mod_jk 1.2
              lviz

hi pergesu

did you compile mod_jk yourself ?
              or are you using a "binary" version ?

cheers
              L

• 4. Re: Problem with mod_jk 1.2
                pergesu

I used a binary version at first. Then I tried compiling my own, and Apache started up fine.

Now I'm having a new problem. I get a 500 Internal Server Error whenever I try to access a resource that should be passed on to JBoss/Tomcat. I checked out the mod_jk log file, and this is what I see:

[Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (445)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
                [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (459)]: Attempting to map URI '/status'
                [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (473)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found an exact match ajp13 -> /status
                [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [mod_jk.c (1689)]: Into handler r->proxyreq=0 r->handler=jakarta-servlet r->notes=139698256 worker=ajp13
                [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_worker.c (90)]: Into wc_get_worker_for_name ajp13
                [Thu Jan 13 13:00:56 2005] [jk_worker.c (94)]: wc_get_worker_for_name, done did not find a worker

So it seems to map it fine...when I make a request for status, it knows it's supposed to go to the worker named ajp13. But then for some reason it can't find the worker.

• 5. Re: Problem with mod_jk 1.2
                  pergesu

I'm posting my config files to provide a bit more info. I want to point out that I changed the worker name to default now, following a guide I found, so that's different from the output I posted above. The output's the same though, just that now the worker name is default, rather than ajp13.

Here's my workers.properties file:

# Define worker
                  workers.list=default
                  worker.default.port=8009
                  worker.default.host=localhost
                  worker.default.type=ajp13

And here's the section of httpd.conf where it's all set up
                  #
                  # mod_jk settings
                  #
                  JkWorkersFile "conf/workers.properties"
                  JkLogfile "logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel debug

JkMount /*.jsp default
                  JkMount /*.do default
                  JkMount /status default

# End of mod_jk settings

• 6. Re: Problem with mod_jk 1.2
                    pergesu

I got it working. It was just a little typo...workers.list should have been worker.list.

Lot of work to set up the connection, but now it's running smoothly :)