0 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2006 9:51 AM by antoine_h

Deployment failed : ClassNotFoundException of class in jar l

antoine_h

Hello,

I am new to making JMX services.
      I read all the doc of JBoss, JMX.

I made a MBean exactly the same way as the CMSObjectCommandMapper of JBoss Portal.
      it extends org.jboss.portal.core.command.mapper.AbstractCommandMapper

well, when JBoss starts, it fail to deploy the .sar file.
      it says it cannot find the AbstractCommandMapper

from the JMX console (service: MainDeployer) :

status: Deployment FAILED reason: Unexpected error during load of: shwa.pal.core.url.mapper.ShWaCMSObjectCommandMapper, msg=org/jboss/portal/core/command/mapper/AbstractCommandMapper; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unexpected error during load of: shwa.pal.core.url.mapper.ShWaCMSObjectCommandMapper, msg=org/jboss/portal/core/command/mapper/AbstractCommandMapper)

the AbstractCommandMapper class file is in a jar file (portal-core-lib.jar) at the root of the .sar folder.

Is it a question of putting the portal-core-lib.jar in a proper place ?
      (I have tried in the lib folder too...).

Another strange thing : when launch of JBoss is finished, if delete and re copy the sar folder (hot deploy) ... the service start (I can check it is started, with JLog and JMX listing...).
      So it means that it is deployed... and that the AbstractCommandMapper has been found....

it seems to be a problem of JVM, classloader, etc... but after searching I don't see where to have a clue to start debugging.... or solve this problem.

any idea ?
      any place to find documentation about this kind of thing (deploying JMX service) ?

Thanks,