2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2004 2:58 PM by franklemke

Do you know documentation abaut: "How to configure JBoss for

franklemke

Hi,

maybe someone can point me to the right documentation...

I have a Client, that whants to get remoteinterfaces of some EJB on
      a remote JBoss-Server, but it doesn't work.

The Network is working correctly and I have seen the packets transferred between the 2 machines by using tcpdump.

The roles and security-settings on j2ee-level are probably not the problem.

Maybe it is just a question of configuring JBoss to allow remote access.
      Or the java-environment on the client-machine is not in order?

Thanks for any hint!

Frank

• 1. Re: Do you know documentation abaut:
          semi

- Which exceptions do you get?

- Are the jndi settings of your application Ok (jndi.properties)?

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
          java.naming.provider.url=hostname_or_ip:1099
          java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming

- Are all necessary libraries on the classpath of your app (see jboss###\client)?

• 2. Re: Do you know documentation abaut:
            franklemke

The application was build with jbuilder and I have just an *.exe-file. The application throws no exception at all - they are all catched I think.

I have now tried to learn with a little self-made application to test it. It goes. Yes, I have set the .properties correctly.

But if I try to get the remote-interface, that the *.exe-client wants to get, I receive an exception: Access denied. I started my client with a security-manager. Now I'm reading doco about how to configure the security-settings in JBoss.

In the login-config.xml there are tags defining application-policies. I wonder where the application-policy for a certain application is assigned to that application.