3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2002 9:01 AM by meinherr

NoClassDefFoundError : Logger

meinherr

Hi,

i installed jboss3.0.4 on windows xp on j2ee1.4

I tried the interes example. After fixing some errors in "jboss.xml" from the example, jboss deployed the interest example.

Now the InterestClient throws the Error NoClassDefFoundError : org/jboss/logging/Logger

I investigated log4j.jar and the ist the Logger Class !

What is going on ??

• 1. Re: NoClassDefFoundError : Logger
          meinherr

I loaded down the log4j from jakarta.apache.org an compiled the interestclient with this in the CLASSPATH.

But the error ist still the same.

But i don´t wan´t a logger at all, i only want to get this jboss running.

• 2. Re: NoClassDefFoundError : Logger
            jwkaltz

The InterestClient example you're using seems to use a JBoss logger, which is a subclass I believe of the log4j logger.

So, either look in the JBoss jars if you find the class it is looking for, and include that jar in your classpath;

or, change the InterestClient to import the log4j Logger instead of the Jboss logger:
            import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

• 3. Re: NoClassDefFoundError : Logger/ Class broken ?
              meinherr

THank you.

The Logger ist indead lying in the log4j.jar

If i put it in the classpath the answer is :

NoClassDefFoundError : org/jboss/logging/Logger

if i import the org.apache.log4j.Logger, the answer is :

NoClassDefFoundError : org/jboss/logging/Logger

I think that the jboss classes already include the broken jboss class, i can do whatever i want, the java programm is not finding this Logger class, funny, i won´t log anything.

Maybe there is somethink wrong with the jboss classes, (as well as with this forum software, i have to write all Messages twice :-)

regards