5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2004 5:23 PM by csourcechrisb

Is ComponentSource Serving JBoss Well?

Jack Frosch Newbie

I was a subscriber to the annual All-Docs subscription under FlashLine. Whenever updates came out, I got an e-mail. When ComponentSource took over, complete silence. After several months, I contacted them about getting updates and their customer service sent me an e-mail to download the docs. After that, silence.

Today, I again went to check on documentation updates and found nothing about JBoss. See for yourself:

Go to http://www.componentsource.com. Click on the Documentation category. Look for JBoss Documentation. Nothing's listed. Do a search for JBoss+Documentation. No JBoss Docs found.

I then checked my account history for current orders. Nothing's listed. Maybe my subscription didn't auto-renew and expired? So I check my prior orders. Nothing's listed even though I previously downloaded the docs from ComponentSource!

So to determine the state of my subscription, I open up a Live Person chat window today. After 5 minutes, nothing. I call their toll free number. Of course, they're closed.

It may have seemed like a good idea to outsource the documentation handling to a third party, but can't you find a third party that gives a damn about selling JBoss documentation, not to mention JBoss users?

I'd like to cast my vote for moving the documentation subscription in-house or away from ComponentSource.