1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2004 9:01 AM by jae77

roadmap, feature requests, etc

jae77

does they exist anywhere in documentation?

i'd like to start seeing some more "advanced" features like private messages, etc but at the same time, that's a nice to have and i don't know if there are other areas more in need of assistance - or if anyone is already working on adding that type of functionality.

also, i was thinking about going thru the forums and to get bugs and stuff into the tracker on sourceforge - does that seem like it might be a beneficial thing as well?

• 1. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
          mcscottmc

Yes,
          PLEASE start maintaining a roadmap and/or wish-list. Everyday I think of an improvment that could be made to Nukes and it would be nice to get them documented. I could even work on some of the features myself but I would want to talk to someone who has more experience with the architecture to make sure my ideas will fit in properly. Most of the things I can think of would actually be for the Nukes core, not extra modules.

-Scott

• 2. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
            pilhuhn

You could post RFEs at sourceforge trackers

• 3. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
              mcscottmc

Yea, but they don't have a category for Nukes so it would probably get lost in all the main JBoss requests.

-Scott

• 4. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                acoliver

I'm planning to add mail integration to nukes. I'll start documenting that on the jboss wiki shortly. http://jboss.org/wiki. Certainly could use some help with it. (This is where Nukes will meet mail services)

• 5. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                  jae77

let me know after you've got things documented, i'll see what i can lend a hand w/.

• 6. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                    jae77

"mcscottmc" wrote:
                    Yea, but they don't have a category for Nukes so it would probably get lost in all the main JBoss requests.

-Scott

there's definately one available for the bugs, so if you find them, please post them there.

and i'm sure julien or someone else w/ proper privs on sf could add a category for nukes ehancements - and in fact - consider this the official request to have that added.

• 7. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc

for now, we are stopping the core developments because this is stable, we need to develop features through modules. this does not prevent from talking about future or course.

• 8. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                        jae77

ok - what addition features do you have in mind and is there some kind of priority order for them?

i'd like to see private messaging implemented, and i am going to start looking into that in the coming days. i've also got an idea on a user stats module that would tie in w/ the private messaging, and possibly the forums - and i think that some of the framework has already been done.

also, where do things stand in tems of some kind of jsp support and/or getting embedded html out of the code?

• 9. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc

You can take a look at all the existing modules which are here and have most of the time poor design (software and html). Just pick them one by one and improve.

The one I want to see being improved in the News module which is quite usefull but is in a poor state.

For private messaging we will see that later. This is done in phpbb 2.0.5 we will tip the HTML/css stuff and port that to a standalone module.

• 10. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                            acoliver

"jae77" wrote:
                            let me know after you've got things documented, i'll see what i can lend a hand w/.

See: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3821563

And:
                            jboss.org/developers/projects/mailservices/case.pdf

And:
                            http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=MailServicesForJBoss

• 11. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                              marc.fleury

hey I am really glad to see a thread like this one. There is a lot of work to be done and I liked the ideas presented on the messaging and such. Or a live board section. That would be great actually and we could use it for "weekly" talks with the community.

Guys, help out, there is always a room in JBoss

• 12. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                                marc.fleury

RFE on sourceforge are a bit too obscure. I prefer the acoliver wiki approach on the website. Also acoliver, you got some balls to come and recruit contributors out of julien's project. you get your own.

• 13. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                                  jae77

can someone create a wiki spot for nukes then?

• 14. Re: roadmap, feature requests, etc
                                    acoliver

Umm, Guess what Marc... If this is the Jae I'm thinking of... I had him first... I think i said "nukes would be a good place to get involved" ;-) Anyhow its Nukes/MailServices integration ;-)

Jae, go on the wiki, login (use your forum login/pw) and create it yourself! That is why it is there.

1 2 Previous Next