4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2008 4:57 AM by Ilya Shaikovsky

Change in

Alan Stewart Newbie

We have writtem custom JSF tags that incorporate the rich:datascroller.
      We pass in the id of the rich:dataTable in our custom tag and the datascroller has been happily using this in versions up until 3.1.4.SR1. I changed to 3.2.0.GA today and now without any other code changes, I get an error:
      could not find dataTable for datascroller j_id171. When we hard-code the id of the dataTable in the "for" attribute of the rich:datascoller, it all works OK.

Has there been a change to the way the for attribute is handled in the datascroller?
      Thanks
      Alan

• 1. Re: Change in for attribute of datascroller in 3.2.0.GA
          Alan Stewart Newbie

The subject of this thread got wiped out. It was meant to read

Change in for attribute of datascroller in 3.2.0.GA

• 2. Re: Change in
            mars1412 Apprentice

similar problem - this code does not work any longer in 3.2.0.GA

<h:form id="countryListForm">
             <h:outputText value="#{messages['no_data_found']}" rendered="#{empty countryList.resultList}" />
             <h:dataTable id="countryList" var="country" value="#{countryList.resultList}" rows="10"
             rendered="#{not empty countryList.resultList}">
             <f:facet name="header">
             <rich:datascroller id="countryListDataScroller" for="countryList" align="left" maxPages="5"/>

I also have problems with explicit id of h:form:

<h:form id="myForm>
             <h:outputText value="#{messages['no_data_found']}" rendered="#{empty countryList.resultList}" />
             <h:dataTable id="countryList" var="country" value="#{countryList.resultList}" rows="10"
             rendered="#{not empty countryList.resultList}">
             <f:facet name="header">
             <rich:datascroller id="countryListDataScroller" for="myForm:countryList" align="left" maxPages="5"/>

gives me an illegal argument exception:
            java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: myForm
             at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.findComponent(UIComponentBase.java:588)
             at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.RendererUtils.findComponentFor(RendererUtils.java:849)
             at org.richfaces.component.UIDatascroller.getDataTable(UIDatascroller.java:214)
             at org.richfaces.component.UIDatascroller.getPageCount(UIDatascroller.java:333)

• 4. Re: Change in
              Ilya Shaikovsky Master

thanks! will be examined.