There are several major improvements since M01 worth mentioning:
- Navigation Controller - providing a powerful way to configure how portal is managing URLs.
- Polished Management - providing import/export of portal pages via. REST, Commandline/SSH and UI
- DOM optimizations - GateIn pages are way more lightweight now.
- Countless performance improvements
- AS7 integration - this is ongoing effort and still in experimental state
Because of DOM optimizations you may need to evict your browser cache - parts of cached CSS and JavaSript files from earlier versions can make UI not accessible.
I know that recently GateIn Portal releases were happening less frequently then it was expected but we are working hard to improve the situation. Our current aim is to push:
- 3.2.0 CR around the new year (2011/2012)
- 3.2.0 Final in January/February 2012.
Our plan is also to come back to more regular release cycle in 2012.
|Retrieving data ...|