We have been busy working on new features since we released GateIn 3.6. Today, I would like to announce two new versions of the Portal: 3.7.0.Final and 3.8.0.Beta01. Both of them are available for download already. They will be followed by the version 3.8.0.Final within a couple of weeks.
New and noteworthy in GateIn 3.7.0.Final
- Disabled Users - Administrator can now disable users thus preventing them from accessing the portal. See GTNPORTAL-3227 and Disabled User and Manage Users and Groups chapters of GateIn Documentation. Please note that when reusing a database from a previous Portal version, this feature requires migration step as described in Disabled User chapter of the documentation.
- Restricted Page Editor - An enhancement in Page Editor and Site Layout editor. It introduces a fine-grained control over who can use and change which parts of a portal page or site. Additionally, it is possible to show site header/footer preview when editing a page, and use the preview mode by default. See GTNPORTAL-3263, GTNPORTAL-3272 and GTNPORTAL-3259 as well as the documentation in Restricted Page Editor wiki page and Manage Permissions chapter of GateIn Documentation.
- Wildcard (*) Membership Type - see GTNPORTAL-3349 and Wildcard (*) Membership Type chapter of GateIn documentation.
- Profile for packaging with EAP 6.2.0.Beta - see GTNPORTAL-3318
- All features, bug fixes and minor enhancements are covered in GateIn 3.7.0.Final Release Notes.
New and noteworthy in GateIn 3.8.0.Beta01
- There is no JBoss AS 7 distribution any more. JBoss AS 7 was replaced with JBoss EAP 6.3.0.Alpha.
- Page Composition API - An enhancement of the Portal Public API allowing to create and edit page content, i.e. add and remove portlets and layout containers. See the Page Composition API section of GateIn Documentation.
- Automatic way to update all sites at once (Portal, groups and user sites). See GTNPORTAL-3328 and Working with Templates chapter of GateIn documentation.
- Impersonation - Portal administrator can now view another user's customized dashboard/pages without logging out. See GTNPORTAL-2662 and the Impersonation chapter of GateIn documentation.
- Public Render Parameters can be now propagated to a different page. See GTNPORTAL-3369.
- Navigation nodes can be defined with external links. See GTNPORTAL-2428 and the specification if the feature: Custom Navigaton Node Properties
- Login validation and accounts expiration can be additionally customized. See GTNPORTAL-3402.
- Pages can be completely hidden using check-box and date-control, see GTNPORTAL-3370.
- General markup review and cleanup and greater alignment and consistency with W3C validation.
- All features, bug fixes and minor enhancements are listed in GateIn 3.8.0.Beta01 Release Notes.