1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2008 1:20 PM by anthonydesvernois

direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?

antoine_h

Hello,

Wesley, I remember you told about accessing directly to the web app.

using the "_theWarName/the/path/to/jsf/page.xhtml".

I tried it, and the page is rendered...

but when I click on any button or link, the error is :

javax.faces.FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id null
       org.jboss.portletbridge.context.ServletExternalContextImpl.<init>(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:96)
       org.jboss.portletbridge.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:164)
       javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:239)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:177)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:267)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:380)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:507)

did I missed something ?

anyone have tried this ?
      successfully ?

would be helpfull to pull out bugs or things going wrong,... two know if this is du to the use in a portlet or any JSF app...

Thanks

• 1. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
          wesleyhales

Yes, you should be able to directly access the servlet context also. Does your page.xhtml or backing bean have portlet specific code that needs to check for environment?

• 2. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
            antoine_h

I don't think so

the user is not logged and no use of the principal given by the portlet.
            the locale is provided by another mean than the portlet

if this is the cause, the stack trace would show it, no ?

the full stacktrace is :

19:07:59,906 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
             at org.jboss.portletbridge.context.ServletExternalContextImpl.<init>(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:96)
             at org.jboss.portletbridge.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:164)
             at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:239)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
             at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:177)
             at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:267)
             at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:380)
             at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:507)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
             at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
             at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
             at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
             at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

(it is twice in the logs)
            it looks like the error is at the very begining of the PortletBridge processing, no ?

and that it is about not finding the window state id.
            (I am sure I don't use any thing about the windows of portlets etc...)

more over : the page is there ... the first time
            when I click on a link, it uses the same things as for the first request (fake action...)
            same things are done... but the error is triggered...

I noticed also something : if I start the server and directly call the JSF app (outside portlet), I get the page (with no portal) ... then click on any link or button... I get this error :
            19:37:49,421 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
            javax.portlet.faces.BridgeUninitializedException: JSF Portlet bridge was not initialised before AJAX request
             at org.jboss.portletbridge.context.ServletExternalContextImpl.<init>(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:100)
             at org.jboss.portletbridge.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:164)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
             at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:380)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
             at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
             at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
             at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
             at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

"JSF Portlet bridge was not initialised before AJAX request"

I guess you have tried the standalone running, with some JSF App ?
            What may be in my app, that makes all this ?

any idea to search in my config ?

Thanks,

• 3. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
              antoine_h

Hello again,

see the post above.

I have tested the "standalone way" with a very simple jsf app.
              the same as the button demo in the RichFaces Demo.
              (enter a name, click the button, then "hello name" is shown)

same troubles...

no use of portlet api for sure...

what testing did you do to try the "standalone way" ?

what may be wrong in my config ?

I use facelets, RichFaces... in portlets, thats all...
              The trouble is with an Ajax component (commandLink or commandButton).

Thanks

• 4. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                anthonydesvernois

Up, I got the same errors ... Did you solve it Antoine ?

• 5. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                  antoine_h

hello,

no... did not solved it.

I wonder if this is a wrong use of it, or a bug (and then open a jira).

• 6. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                    wesleyhales

which version of the bridge are you using? environment details please...

• 7. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                      anthonydesvernois

I'm using PortletBridge B4, with JBoss AS 4.2.1-GA, JBoss Portal 2.6.6, Seam 2.0.3-CR1 and Richfaces 3.2.2-GA.

• 8. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                        antoine_h

I'm using PortletBridge B4, with JBoss AS 4.2.2-GA, JBoss Portal 2.6.4, and Richfaces 3.2.2-GA.

No Seam.
                        JSF : from JBoss as 4.2.2... the Sun RI.

• 9. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                          alexsmirnov

Yes, this is an unchecked combination. Only usual form submit works, but ajax request does not. I've created issue in the project tracker: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/PBR-65.
                          Thank you for this information.

• 10. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                            antoine_h

thanks for the answer.
                            if I may help ....
                            with some testing and reporting after the code modification may be.

• 11. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                              vmolyakov

I have run richfaces demo application under WebSphere 6.1
                              It works as a portlet, but when I invoke it as a webaap I get
                              "Error 500: No saved portlet window state for an id null " error message

[12/16/08 16:55:44:301 EET] 0000009d ServletWrappe E SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: Faces Servlet. Exception thrown : javax.faces.FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id null
                               at org.jboss.portletbridge.context.ServletExternalContextImpl.<init>(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:96)
                               at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:260)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:966)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:907)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:696)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:641)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:475)
                               at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:463)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3107)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:238)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:811)
                               at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1425)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:92)
                               at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:465)
                               at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:394)
                               at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)
                               at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:152)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:213)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.fireCompletionActions(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:195)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:193)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:725)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:847)
                               at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1498)

[12/16/08 16:55:44:445 EET] 0000009d BaseXMLFilter E org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger error Exception in the filter chain
                               javax.servlet.ServletException: No saved portlet window state for an id null
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:166)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:696)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:641)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:475)
                               at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:463)
                               at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:465)
                               at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:394)
                               at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)
                               at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:152)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:213)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.fireCompletionActions(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:195)
                               at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:725)
                              ---- Begin backtrace for Nested Throwables
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:966)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:907)
                               at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)

[12/16/08 16:55:44:628 EET] 0000009d WebApp E [Servlet Error]-[Faces Servlet]: javax.faces.FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id null

• 12. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                                vmolyakov

Forget to say that I use v.3.2.2.GA SVN $Revision: 8947 $
                                RichFaces + bridge v.1.0.0.B4 + JSF SUN RI 1.2.0_9 + Facelets 1.1.4

• 13. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                                  anthonydesvernois

I have resolved my problem with the JSF Ajax ... exception, by changing

String stateId = servletRequest
                                   .getParameter(PortletStateHolder.STATE_ID_PARAMETER);
                                   if (null != stateId)

by

String stateId = servletRequest
                                   .getParameter(PortletStateHolder.STATE_ID_PARAMETER);
                                   if (null != stateId && !stateId.equals("null"))

In FacesContextFactoryImpl.java (in the sources of portletbridge)

Maybe it can help you ...

The modified portletbridge implementation is available here:

http://anthony.episphere.fr/portletbridge-impl-1.0.0.B4.jar

Have fun

• 14. Re: direct access to the webapp, outside of the portlet ?
                                    wesleyhales

This is on trunk, thanks for the fix!

1 2 Previous Next