Already have the first comment
Sorry, forgot one functional point during first review. I have "new" marks in left navigation for both groups and items and for the samples buttons on top. It's done in order to highlight the new saamples after every release. Please look how it could be implemented there.
Thanks for prepping these. Here are some initial comments:
I certainly like mockup_v2 for sure - the colors flow better to me. Not sure if you are familiar with this, but http://colorschemedesigner.com/ is a neat site to help with that.
- Some sort of shading for the background would be nice
- The unselected text on left is too dim - light blue, on white
- The unselected skin text is too small, or needs colors adjusted
- The "Welcome to RichFaces Demo"
- Not sure if we need it
- If it stays would like to see different styling of text
- Plus header is quite tall
- The left logo could take all height through header, collapsing some of that
- Might want to take some ideas from jboss community site, or others like seamframework.org
Might want to take some ideas from jboss community site, or others like seamframework.org
added to "featured content"
I added another set of mockups. Please have a look.
- menu with skins can be moved to the header (like in case of community.jboss.org) - it may reduce the unused space in the header
- the background of page should be improved by imaginative background (similary to , , )
- the motiv on background of v1-1 can be used on the background of skin menu - it may make it more elegant :-) (the inspiration can be taken from the header at  designed by me)
sorry, just want to remember. still missing one functional point there. how the "new" will be highlighted?
P.S. like last screens in general.. need some more time to review and comment more.
Ilya, I remember this. Just need approval of the common style.
I really like the idea of background image. Perhaps something based on RichFaces desktop . Would want to consider panels images to save initial download time.
I like the direction of the new designs. Specifically v3 & v5.
I'd like to see a sample using the background images that Lukas and I suggested. Note - not the back ground od the center areas, but on the extreme outsides.
Lukas: I'm not sure what your about the back ground of the skin menu - can you elaborate?
I'd like to get this finalized at tomorrows team meeting.
Lukas - can you elaborate on the question I had above?
Olga - If you have any changes or other ideas, please post them, so that we can finalize.
I've attached 2 more mockups (v6 and v7) to the original post.
v7 looks very cool. =)
Have you thought about adding something under the left menu to occupy an empty space?
v7 does look very cool - it is my fav for sure!
v7 looks pretty nice. The background really makes a difference.