try the above link. You need to have Ant to build the application.
That worked for me, I'm using Seam 2.1 I don't think you will have any problems.
It's kinda annoying to make it run Seam on glassfish for the first time... at least it was to me.
You have to start the Glassfish embedded database before running the example.
the instructions are all in the same link of the previous post.
Man, I followed this chapter of the documentation, and even then the examples do not work on glassfish! In JBoss 5 it works perfectly!
Work PC: Windows XP SP2 + 6 + java 2.1 + glassfish seam 2.2.0.GA
Home PC: linux amd64 + java 6 + glassfish 2.1
Thanks for your help!
Have you tried create some project using seam-gen and use generated ant script to playing seam with glassfish?
It works for me. Sorry can't help you using seam examples.
Yes! I tried a lot of times. Always with a seam gen generated project! Also examples.
This is my step, which I do it at this morning with seam 2.2.0 GA:
- Create your own project using seam-gen
- Create some simple application and test to JBoss AS whether your logic is correct.
- Undeploy/unexplode your project from JBoss, then shutdown JBoss AS.
- Use command gf-explode to deploy your project to glassfish, then restart (I don't know exactly whether we can implements hot-deploy on glassfish).
- Make sure that your datasource and your application deployed successfully. You can see it at Glassfish Admin Console. Because my project is a WAR project, I can found my deployed project in
- In case that these step are failed, please remove your application and deploy using Admin Console and change the datasource manually.
Please be careful when you execute point 4, because, it is possible some step like:
doesn't execute successfully. Check your glassfish log and see if some error happened. In my case, I get some error about classes/jar dependency, so Im copying these class manually to directory:
Copying these lib appropriately, depends on the error log.
Good Luck :) .