I'm not sure, but if you use Windows it might be an issue that the filesystem does not respect uppercase.
I'm using MAC
Did you find a fix for your problem? I'm getting the same in JSP - The import .... cannot be resolved error. I too have a package and class with same name and looks
like JBoss 7.1.1 couldn't import the correct file.
I don't think it's an universal bug. JBVFS-170 appears closed (and included in 7.1.1.Final) and I just tried the same scenario (7.1.1.Final + Win + Java7) and had no problem deploying a WAR with a package name matching the name of a class...
I created a simple web app and recreated that problem. I have attached that web application.
OS: Windows7 64 bit
JRE: Java 1.6.0_34 64 bit
JBoss: 7.1.1.Final - Standalone
webApp.war 2.6 KB
I just renamed the package...
Ah yes, it deployed fine but I got the error when accessing the context root (thus triggering the compile)
Can you please be more specific?
'.. I got the error when accessing the context root ..', are you saying when you accessed,
http://localhost:8080/webApp/ - you got the compilation error, later when you accessed,
http://localhost:8080/webApp/index.jsp , it was OK. For information, I still get that error.
Only tried the context root, I assumed if it didn't compile it was never going to be available.
Both Windows and MacOS use case-insensitive/case-preserving based file systems.
It is not possible to have two objects in a directory whose names differ only by character case on these operating systems.
This is how its available in the current windows environment (folder - package & file - class with same name) in Production and it works fine in Weblogic. What would be the best solution in
JBoss to fix this? Issue JBVFS-170 says '...When using JSP a class name Toto.class may hide a package toto. In AS5/6 it is fixed using -Djboss.vfs.forceCaseSensitive=true ... ' .
I tried adding -Djboss.vfs.forceCaseSensitive=true in the standalone.bat, but doesn't seem to work.
I don't think it has anything to do with VFS.
If you deploy your example as an exploded WAR you get the same problem, and I don't think VFS is involved in this case (standalone/tmp/vfs is not touched at all).
Seems like a jasper problem (aka Apache Tomcat).
It works on WebLogic because it does not use Tomcat as far as I know.
We should be able to test it by cranking up a Tomcat distribution and testing your example in it...
Works fine in Tomcat 5.5.4 which I happened to have lying around.
Also works fine in Tomcat 7.0.30.
JBoss 7.1.1 appears to be using 7.0.3, but I suspect that theory has been blown out of the water.