1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 12:46 PM by oisin

FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"

dlugoszr@upmc.edu

I installed FID from the zip files. I set up the FUSE services framework home directory. When change to any of the tabs (Java2WS, etc...) I get an error telling me it can't find the CXF jar file.

I running on Windows XP, using FID 1.2.1 with FUSE services framework 2.2.2.2. The jar file cxf-2.2.2.2-fuse.jar is located in lib as expected. I also added it to my login CLASSPATH.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Ron Dlugosz

• 1. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
          oisin

The location of the CXF install directory needs to be set in the Eclipse Web Services preferences too - then the other panes will be able to find the tools, based on that location.

• 2. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
            dlugoszr@upmc.edu

The only place you can enter a path in the Eclipse web server preferences is on the axis2 preferences pane. Entering a path to axis2 doesn't do anything to help with the problem.

Thanks,

Ron

• 3. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
              dinesh_gioe

You should be able to set the FUSE Service framework Home in the Preferences. Can you attach the screenshot of your preferences?

I just tried setting the FUSE Service Framework Home to fuse-services-framework-2.2.2.2 and didn't see any errors. I have attached the screenshot of my preferences.

Thanks

Dinesh

• 4. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                dlugoszr@upmc.edu

Here are the snapshots. Note that the export runtime libraries check box is checked but grayed out  - it's not grayed out on the snapshot you posted.

Ron

• 5. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                  subodh.gupta

Hi Ron,

Are you using JDK/JRE 1.6? We noticed a problem with some versions of JDK 1.6 because of the version of JAXB that is used in CXF and the one that is in the JDK/JRE. There is a workaround for that which is to prepend the CXF JAXB Impl jars to the bootclasspath of the JRE configured inside Eclipse. I can provide more details if this is indeed the problem.

Regards,

Subodh

• 6. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                    dlugoszr@upmc.edu

Yes, I am using Java 1.6. Could you please post the details of the workaround?

Thanks,

Ron

• 7. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                      subodh.gupta

Hi Ron,

We fixed it by adding

-Xbootclasspath/p:CXF_HOME\lib\jaxb-api-2.1.jar;CXF_HOME\lib\jaxb-impl-2.1.7.jar;CXF_HOME\lib\jaxb-xjc-2.1.7.jar

to the VM parameters in the Installed JREs configuration.

Try adding the above thing in your Default VM Arguments in the window/eclipse --> prefrences --> Installed JREs --> Click on the selected VM --> Click Edit...

Regards,

Subodh

• 8. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                        dlugoszr@upmc.edu

I added the xbootpath argument but get the same problem. Found this in the eclipse log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2009-10-20 08:44:30.948

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: PREFERENCE_CATEGORY_CXF_RUNTIME in: org.eclipse.jst.ws.internal.cxf.ui.CXFUImessages

!SESSION 2009-10-20 10:30:10.103 -

eclipse.buildId=M20080911-1700

java.version=1.6.0_02

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -pluginCustomization ../packages/FID-1.2/eclipse/plugins/com.fusesource.tools.branding/plugin_customization.ini -application org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data ../workspace -pluginCustomization ../packages/FID-1.2/eclipse/plugins/com.fusesource.tools.branding/plugin_customization.ini -application org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2009-10-20 10:30:43.212

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: PREFERENCE_CATEGORY_CXF_RUNTIME in: org.eclipse.jst.ws.internal.cxf.ui.CXFUImessages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.server.core 4 0 2009-10-20 10:57:00.507

!MESSAGE Error during shutdown

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:86)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:74)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceChangeListenerList.remove(ResourceChangeListenerList.java:146)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.removeListener(NotificationManager.java:302)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.removeResourceChangeListener(Workspace.java:1767)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ResourceManager.shutdownImpl(ResourceManager.java:366)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ResourceManager.shutdown(ResourceManager.java:312)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPlugin.stop(ServerPlugin.java:323)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1050)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.stop(BundleContextImpl.java:1046)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.stopWorker(BundleHost.java:457)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.suspend(AbstractBundle.java:531)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.suspendBundle(Framework.java:1104)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.decFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:655)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:312)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.shutdown(StartLevelManager.java:257)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.suspend(SystemBundle.java:236)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.shutdown(Framework.java:678)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.close(Framework.java:576)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.close(OSGi.java:41)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.shutdown(EclipseStarter.java:424)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:200)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

!SESSION 2009-10-20 10:57:03.350 -

eclipse.buildId=M20080911-1700

java.version=1.6.0_02

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -pluginCustomization ../packages/FID-1.2/eclipse/plugins/com.fusesource.tools.branding/plugin_customization.ini -application org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data ../workspace -pluginCustomization ../packages/FID-1.2/eclipse/plugins/com.fusesource.tools.branding/plugin_customization.ini -application org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench

• 9. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                          dlugoszr@upmc.edu

Ok, this is definitely tied to the Java 1.6 SDK. I installed Java 1.5 and now it's working. Problem - Java 1.5 reaches end of life on 10/30. Also we need Java 1.6 because it fixes some problems in 1.5.

I've tried the solution with xbootpath - specifically I added the line you provided in the Eclipse JDK configuration. Do I also need to add this to fuse.ini or someplace else?

Thanks,

Ron

• 10. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                            subodh.gupta

Hi Don,

Can you try the wizard using jdk1.5.

And just for the check can you tell me what is set in your JAVA_HOME variable.

Regards,

Subodh

• 11. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                              subodh.gupta

Hi Ron,

Can you post the -Xbootclasspath entry you have entered in the Default VM Argument section.

CXF_HOME above refers to the actual CXF_HOME Url on disk e.g. for me the value is c:\progress\cxf213 hence path will converted to

-Xbootclasspath/p:C:\progress\cxf213\lib\jaxb-api-2.1.jar;C:\progress\cxf213\lib\jaxb-impl-2.1.7.jar;C:\progress\cxf213\lib\jaxb-xjc-2.1.7.jar 

Regards,

Subodh

Edited by: subodh.gupta on Oct 22, 2009 5:41 AM

• 12. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                                subodh.gupta

Also we have tested the FID 1.2.1 with 1.6.0_10 & jre1.6.0_07, didn?t find the issue in them.

So you can upgrade to these versions.

Regards,

Subodh

• 13. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                                  dlugoszr@upmc.edu

I'm currently using Java 1.5 in order to get things working. JAVA_HOME is C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_06. I was using jdk1.6.0_06 earlier (the one I couldn't get it working with).

My xbootclasspath was set up in the same format as yours (just a different value for CXF_HOME). I've re-installed integration designer since so no longer have the string available.

Also, we just noticed that you apparently can't run integration designer on a 64-bit Linux system. Is this really the case?

• 14. Re: FUSE Services Framework Preferences - "missing cxf jar"
                                    subodh.gupta

Once you migrate back to 1.6. Try taking the newer version (one of the 2 i mentioned above) and try again.

Yes, FID 1.2.1 doesn't support 64-bit OS.

Regards,

Subodh

Edited by: subodh.gupta on Oct 22, 2009 3:07 PM

1 2 Previous Next