6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 5:28 PM by mithomps

Graphs,  lots of "no data" columns...

kucerarichard

Running JON 3.2.0 with several agents deployed.

It looks like bad data sometimes actually,  just repeated bars of the same height after one or more columns of missing data.   See attached.

I ran a load test,   and for a while the agent seemed engaged,   but then it just seemed to disconnect again,   or rather the server started having gaps in its data.

It seems to be a problem across all collectors/plugin types.   It's just missing data,  so most of the graphs look pretty ugly.

Where should I start looking to troubleshoot this?

Thank you for any help!

Rich

• 1. Re: Graphs,  lots of "no data" columns...
          john.sanda

Hi Rich,

I would expect this to be a server-side, backend issue. Here are some questions to help track down the problem.

How many servers, storage nodes are you running?

Has your server (or servers) been down for any extended length of time?

Do you have errors in your server.log, particularly around reading/writing metric data?

What date ranges are you using for the graphs?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Graphs,  lots of "no data" columns...
            pilhuhn

Rich,

if you are running JBoss ON 3.2.0.GA then please apply the latest CP, which is CP3. Otherwise (and/or in addition) please contact support.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Graphs,  lots of "no data" columns...
              kucerarichard

Thanks both for quick reply.   I increased the heap due to what was suggested in the storage log.  I didn't see anything else in the logs.

I will get the CP3 as soon as I can,  and contact support.

Attached here is another image that more clearly shows the problem with the data,  those should be line graphs going across the page:

SystemLoad.png

• 4. Re: Graphs,  lots of "no data" columns...
                mithomps

Hi Rich,

It looks like the collection schedules are just higher than what you want. For CPU I think the default is 20 minutes which appears to fit from the looks of the graph above. Change the collection interval down to one or five minutes and I think the graph will smooth out and your data points fill up.

• 5. Re: Graphs,  lots of "no data" columns...
                  kucerarichard

yeah thanks he he...   I just validated the answer by setting the graph length up to a day...   but I do need to interact with these forums,  CP3 is good,  and to practice reading logs whenever possible...

Here is what it looks like with proper graph length that matches the collection interval...

SystemLoad2.png

• 6. Re: Graphs,  lots of "no data" columns...
                    mithomps

Excellent! Great to hear!