1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 12:58 PM by blafond

This VDB was created in a newer version of Designer hence may contain properties that are not compatible with this version.

gadeyne.bram

Hi,

I'm using teiid designer 9.0 (but the same message is also there in 8.6).

I changed the runtime version of Teiid from 8.7 to 8.9. There is now an error message in the Problems panel stating:

"This VDB was created in a newer version of Designer hence may contain properties that are not compatible with this version."

What should I do to remove this message?

• 1. Re: This VDB was created in a newer version of Designer hence may contain properties that are not compatible with this version.
          blafond

We currently don't have an option for the user. The reason it's an error is because the each Designer release is targeted at specific Teiid runtime. This includes a specific VDB definition which the runtime can change in follow-on releases.  There is a VDB "schema" which defines the structure of a VDB content with key/value properties generic. There is no other contract between Designer to insure that newer/untested versions Teiid will be compatible, especially if you are designing against newer Teiid runtime features.

In hindsight, it may make more sense to make this validation check configurable (i.e. ERROR or WARNING) to allow users to override it and take their chances. The ERROR states that the "VDB... may contain...", so relaxing this makes sense.

Can you log a JIRA and ask for an enhancement? Thx  (see Teiid Designer - JBoss Issue Tracker)

BTW, our 9.1 release is targeted for end of Jan 2015 and this will be tested against Teiid 8.9.

Barry - Teiid Designer Project