2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 8:40 AM by Marco Ardito

    Google spreadsheet: after spreadsheet structure change, rebuilt connection definition, errors, not working...

    Marco Ardito Master

      Hi,

      here's the daily Google spreadsheet problem...

       

      Today, I had to add a column on the spreadsheet. And I did, which instantly broke that spreadsheet usage in teiid.

       

      I knew it would happen, due to past experiences, so I tried to

      - remove the connection definition

      - rebuild the connection definition, with the same identical parameters

      it didn't work, even after reloading server or completely stopping and starting teiid instace (9.0.2)

      it complained of not being able to deploy the RA google...

       

      Then I removed the (only) google connection definition, stopped/started teiid.

      all went fine now in the logs.

       

      Then I proceeded to rebuild my connection definition... it didn't work. Same errors as before.

       

      knowing that some OAuth2.0 google policies are being changed (though it should not affect this kind of usage, imho),

      see Google Apps Developer Blog: Increased account security via OAuth 2.0 token revocation

      and Google Apps Developer Blog: Enhanced third-party access protection for Google Sheets

      (edit:  I already posted about this a couple of weeks ago, here: Re: NPE loading a google spreadsheet , and Ramesh said: let' see what happens after september 14...)

       

      I also tried to get a new authorization, and thus a new refresh token

      then I tried simply to replace the refreshtoken parameter: it didn't work.

      then i stopped / restarted the whole teiid instance: it didn't work.

       

      [edit: I just tried the same RA/CD configuration in a a brand new 9.0.4, same result, same errors...]

       

      Atm, I lost my google connection... I need help to understand waht happened and how to restore this....

       

      here is the current connection definition in the config xml

       

       

      here are related errors I get now at server start:

       

      12:04:02,727 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 60)  MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.ra.deployment."org.jboss.teiid.resource-adapter.google:main_google": org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.ra.deployment."org.jboss.teiid.resource-adapter.google:main_google": WFLYJCA0046: Failed to start RA deployment [google]
              at org.jboss.as.connector.services.resourceadapters.deployment.AbstractResourceAdapterDeploymentService$1.run(AbstractResourceAdapterDeploymentService.java:311)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
              at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:320)
      Caused by: org.jboss.jca.deployers.common.DeployException: org.teiid.resource.adapter.google.SpreadsheetManagedConnectionFactory not a valid connection definition
              at org.jboss.jca.deployers.common.AbstractResourceAdapterDeployer.findConnectionDefinitions(AbstractResourceAdapterDeployer.java:448)
              at org.jboss.jca.deployers.common.AbstractResourceAdapterDeployer.createObjectsAndInjectValue(AbstractResourceAdapterDeployer.java:1323)
              at org.jboss.as.connector.services.resourceadapters.deployment.ResourceAdapterXmlDeploymentService$AS7RaXmlDeployer.doDeploy(ResourceAdapterXmlDeploymentService.java:173)
              at org.jboss.as.connector.services.resourceadapters.deployment.ResourceAdapterXmlDeploymentService.start(ResourceAdapterXmlDeploymentService.java:116)
              at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1948)
              at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1881)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
      

       

      then, later

       

      12:04:04,759 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread)  WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([
          ("subsystem" => "resource-adapters"),
          ("resource-adapter" => "google")
      ]) - failure description: {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.ra.deployment.\"org.jboss.teiid.resource-adapter.google:main_google\"" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.ra.deployment.\"org.jboss.teiid.resource-adapter.google:main_google\": WFLYJCA0046: Failed to start RA deployment [google]
          Caused by: org.jboss.jca.deployers.common.DeployException: org.teiid.resource.adapter.google.SpreadsheetManagedConnectionFactory not a valid connection definition"}}
      

       

      and, finally

       

      12:04:05,551 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread)  WFLYSRV0026: WildFly Full 9.0.2.Final (WildFly Core 1.0.2.Final) started (with errors) in 3162ms - Started 984 of 1261 services (1 services failed or missing dependencies, 384 services are lazy, passive or on-demand)