I was pleased to see that Red Hat has acquired Codenvy to expand their cloud-native app dev portfolio. Back in 2014 Codenvy started Eclipse Che by exporting and open sourcing their cloud kernel. As it says on the site, Eclipse Che, Development Witchcraft, is the IDE and developer workspace server that allows contributing to a project without having to install software. I am looking forward to working more with the project and seeing the contributions from Red Hat and the community with the container-based worskspace approach.
Now on to the happenings in our open source community!
The Past Weeks Highlights
- Christian Posta provided a couple of articles this week:
- He described his blog series on Microservices Patterns with Envoy Sidecar Proxy.
- His article Microservices Patterns with Envoy Sidecare Proxy, Part 1: Circuit Breaking introduces readers to Envoy Proxy's implementation of circuit-breaking functionality. He includes demos with the articles.
- Eric Schabell discusses his sessions at the Red Hat Partner Conference EMEA taking place in Frankfurt, Germany from June 18-21.
- Pavol Loffay talks about the Kubernetes and OpenShift Templates for Jaeger.
- Dimitris Andreadis provided a Voxxed Days Athens recap.
- Andrew Dinn detailed configuring BMUnit for the latest JDK9 EA releases.
- Mark Little points to transactions and microservices on the rise.
- Galder Zamarreno recaps some of the J On the Beach conference.
- An introduction to the Vert.x-Swagger project was provided by a Vert.x community member.
- Teiid 9.3 CR1 - Recap of the features in addition to addressed issues are highlighted in the blog.
- APIMan 1.3.0.Final - This release includes important new features, bug-fixes and marks the official release of Apiman Vert.x Gateway.
- Errai 4.0.0.Final - The blog discusses the major changes from Errai 3 to 4.
- Narayana 5.6.0.Final - The release includesa collection of improvements.
- Update to Bean Validation 2.0 Public Review Draft - Outstanding issues, clarificatons, etc were addressed.
- Hibernate Validator 6.0.0.Beta2 - This update was to add the Bean Validation 2.0.0.Beta2 support.
- KUBE_PING 0.9.3 - Major changes were released.
- Infinispan 9.0.1.Final - Several fixes were released.
- Arquillian OSGi 2.2.1.Final - The blog provides the release details for the OSGi Component.
- Infinispan Spring Boot Starters 1.0.0.Final - The blog provides further detail.
- Hibernate ORM 5.1.7.Final - Some bug fixes to be included in an upcoming version of Wildfly.
- Arquillian Cube Extension 1.4.0 - Release details are provided in the article.
Thanks for being a part of the JBoss Community and stay tuned for the next Weekly Editorial!
Vice President of Engineering,
Enterprise Services Practice, ISC-CG, Federal
Open Source Solutions Director, Shadow-Soft, Commercial