Welcome to this week's edition of the JBoss Weekly Editorial, our regular dip into the communities around JBoss. In this week's edition we highlight a number of interesting topics, tutorials and videos that will keep you informed of the many recent developments occurring within those communities and hope that they serve as a start for your own explorations. We hope you enjoy what follows.
Mark's Little expresses it ideas and vision about what should/could be the container-less development. This is an interesting discussion opening the mind about advantages / drawbacks about the flat or bigger Java containers, that you should always take care about the consequences of your decisons and their impact on the project's cost, maintenance if you choose to adopt a flay pr bigger container.
Your Apache Camel applications now includes out of the box documentation
The Apache Camel project, part of the JBoss Middleware portofilio, continues to provide new richer features to improve its Domain Specific Language (aka DSL) readibility like and to better document the processors, endpoints and Components packaged by the project. With the inclusion of a documentation toolbox into the next incmoing release of Apache Camel 2.15, you will benefit from that great functionality as discussed by Claus Ibsen in its latest blog post.
Quickest Way into the Clouds with JBoss BPM Travel Agency
The JBoss BPM Travel Agency - application developed and designed by Eric Schabell moves to the cloud and will allow you to deploy the complete demo into OpenShift xPaaS platform. More info is available here.
Some interesting reading
- Infinispan Embedded Tutorial
- Oauth supports on AeroGear
- Weld 3.0 alpha - what's new
- Upcoming Errai talks
- Maximize - AMQP
- Keycloak clustering - Improving availability and scalability with Infinispan
- InfoQ interview on Infinispan's JCache certification
More and more Releases
- The Infinispan team have announced the Infinispan 7.1.0.Final release..
- The Windup team have announced the release of Windup 2.0.0.Final.
- The Camel & Wildfly team is really pleased to announce the new release of the Apache Camel & Wildfly modules 2.1.0 release.
- JBoss Developer team has released the 2.7.Final version of the Web Frontend Web Toolkit
- The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.0.0-alpha-2 release of the ShrinkWrap Descriptors Docker component!
- The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.0.0.Alpha1 release of the Arquillian Liferay component!
That's all for this week's spin through the JBoss world, please join us again next week when we will take you through more interesting and informative articles written by our communities.