This past week was the birthday of one of the greatest men in American history. We can learn alot from great men and women in history. There are probably not many people, nationally and globally, who have not heard the 16th US Presidents name. Abraham Lincoln, February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865, was an American politician and lawyer who served as the 16th US President from March 1861 until his assassination in April,1865. Lincoln led the United States through the US Civil War. He preserved the Union, strengthened the federal government, and modernized the economy. The Lincoln memorial is a great place to visit in Washington, DC. His most famous speech, The Gettysburg Address, is inscribed at the memorial. Excerpts include,
..conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal...
....and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
This coming week the US honors the Presidents with the Presidents Day Federal Holiday, February 20th.
Now on to the happenings in our open source community!
- Bug-fix release for ORM 5.2
- Teiid 9.2 Final release
- Windup 3.0.0 Final release
- Hibernate Validator 6.0.0 Alpha release
- Spring Boot Starters 1.0.0 Beta release
- Hawkular Services 0.32 Final release
- Hibernate OGM 5.1 CR1 release
- Bean Validation 2.0 Early Draft 1 release
- Infinispan 9.0.0 CR1 release
- Hotrod clients C++/C# 8.1.0 CR1 release
- Vert.x 3.4.0 Beta release
- Hawkular Metrics 0.24.0 release
- Debezium 0.4.0 release
The Past Weeks Highlights
- Lucas Holmquist walked through Installing Openshift CDK on a Macbook Pro
- Maciej Swiderski described improvements for retrieving images of process instances from the runtime environment.
- Eric Schabell discussed the journey for the digital Return on Investment
- Emmanuel Bernard shared solutions in regards to Hibernate (ORM) usage within cloud based apps and microservices.
- Vlad Mihalcea provided insight into the MariaDB Dialects
- Juraci Krohling described how to use the Hawkular APM services screen to monitor a Canary release scenario.
- Gunnar Morling walked through building multi-release JARs with Maven
- Maciej Swiderski also covered jBPM7 Case Management Security
Thanks for being a part of the JBoss Community and stay tuned for the next Weekly Editorial!
Kenneth Peeples, Shadow-Soft Director of Technical Services